Friday, October 06, 2006

Off to see the Wizard

I know I know it's been quite some time since I last posted. Life has been crazy and weird. There is much I could say about what has been going on with me spiritually and emotionally but what I can say right now is that I am doing better.

I am heading to Rochester College in the Detroit area for few days. I am attending a Student Service Conference where I will be hanging out with several people who do what I do. It's a great time to learn from each other and receive encouragement for our work. It's a fun time. This is my first trip by myself. I usually have my boss with me. I'm kind of glad because then I don't have to come up with random small talk while we travel. Thanks!!! This gets to be down time to read and relax. I even brought season 5 of Gilmore Girls, just in case there is a DVD player in my hotel room.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Have a great time! It's always fun to get away for a few days, even if it is for work... it's nice when the conference is over in the evening, and you can just go hang out by yourself in a strange place. Also, getting together with people who do what I do is one of my favorite things- it's so affirming and encouraging! Love you, friend!

Jason Hill said...

I want to be the first to say the before this GG season is over, Lane will have a miscarriage. Sounds horrible, but seriously, they cannot have a kid. They can just quietly write it out like the dog. Paul Anka, where are you?

Rebecca said...

Paula: You are correct. It's nice to get away even if it's for work. I have to tell you that what was frustrating for me this evening is that I had to secure my rental with my own check card (since I don't use credit cards) because I guess I'm not trustworthy to have a card. URGH! Oh, I also lost a brand new bottle of contact solution because I put it in my carry-on and forgot you can't do that right now. I may blow up a plane with saline solution!!!!

Jason: I do in fact have a DVD player in my room and the first thing I did was put in a disc. And for real? Laine (Lane?)pregnant. It's the dumbest thing they've done yet. Where is Paul Anka?

Rebecca said...

I do get to lazy around tomorrow because I don't have to be anywhere until 5pm tomorrow night. I will have a great lazy day!!!!!

rebecca marie said...

no jason, i thought of that, too. it will also give zach the chance to man up a little.

also, lane needs to not be knocked up so that she can figure out how awesome sex is. yeah, that's right. i said sex rocks. for all to see. that's just how i roll.

also, have a great time rebecca!!! be safe and learn lots and i can't wait to see you when you get back!