Monday, February 12, 2007

Upcoming Interfaith Services

I have had a couple of requests to post the upcoming interfaith services after my last post on the prayer service for peace.

February:

Sunday, February 18th 4:00-5:30pm
Topic: How Do We as People of Faith Protect Our Earth for Future Generations?
Location: Soka Gakkai International, 1895 SE Ankeny, Portland

March:

Sunday, March 18th 4:00-5:30pm
Topic: How Do People of Faith Help Bring Peace to this World?
Location: First Unitarian Church, 1011 SW 12th, Portland

April:

Sunday, April 15th 4:00-5:30pm
Topic: How Do We as People of Faith Support Religious Tolerance?
Location: Congregation Neveh Shalom, 2900 Peaceful Lane, Portland

May:

Sunday, May 20th 4:00-6:00pm
Topic: How Do We as People of Faith Support Families?
Location: Muslim Education Trust, 10300 SW Scholls Ferry Rd, Tigard

3 comments:

Lori Ann said...

Thanks for the dates, there are a couple that look good!
they are also down by our plant! good networking and getting to know our neighbors.
It was good to see you a couple weeks ago. The contribution from LS was wonderful. What a blessing for Agape and for God!

Mike Lewis said...

How Do We as People of Faith Support Religious Tolerance?

I wonder what this will be about.

Rebecca said...

I went to a service last month , a service for peace. I was expecting some methodists, baptists, maybe some unitarians. I was pleasantly surprised to be listening to dialogue from Jews, Muslims, even a Scientologist. The sufi order was represtented along with the zen monastary, etc. I really enjoyed it. I was challenged but I was also blessed to hear dialogue and conversation from so many different perspectives.