Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Time Flies When You're Having...Fun?

Has it really been a month? I suppose so. What have I been doing? Let's see...
  • Went to the opera on Thursday night. Saw Wagner's The Flying Dutchman. It was on the dull side. Depressing.
  • Dropped off a bunch of students and three faculty members in Seattle for a class trip to the east coast. I stayed and hung out with Jean and her husband for the weekend.
  • While in Seattle Jean and I went to a fashion show at Macy's hosted by Clinton Kelly from TLC's What Not To Wear. The fashion show was for us rounder ladies. He is ADORABLE! We had a good time.
  • Spring break this week. QUIET at work. I got more done in one day than I get done in a typical week.
  • Went to the dentist on Monday. Fun times.
  • Saw Sarah Mac and several other college friends a couple of weekends ago. We hung out at Rici's and had a blast. It was fun to see everyone. There seems to be a common theme among young adults: our lives aren't nearly as glamorous as we'd hoped for. We're all getting a wee bit boring in our older age (older age being in comparison to college). Some are busy being married and having babies. Some of us are not married but don't have very exciting lives. It was fun to love on each other and remind one another that we are still cool people. :)
  • I've decided that being single would be a lot more fun if I had extra money to do the things that every married person says they would do if they were single. Like traveling. If I could fund the excersions, I would be traveling all over the world and taking weekend trips to nearby cities. Instead, I work for no money and end up at home depressed by my boring life. HELP! Anyone want to fund my trips?
  • Thanks Sarah for the advice on Diva. I think I may be a convert.
  • Went to dinner with mom on Monday night. I was still in the process of coming off the novocaine from the dentist so it was interesting trying to eat my dinner. We went to the new Macaroni Grill at Clackamas. Yum! It was nice to hang out with momma. We don't do it much because she works most evenings.
  • I have to go back to Seattle on Friday to pick up the travelers. See you Friday, Jean!

Well, that's it for now. Not a super exciting life but I'm managing. March has flown by. Only one month until all the students depart. I'm ready. I am going to Pepperdine for the Lectureships this year. I'm excited! I've never been.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! I'm glad you like the Diva! It took me a couple of months to get the hang of it but I'll never go back... what did you do with your little Diva pin? Hehehe :)

I'm one of those married people who wish they could travel the world and do exciting things sometimes. You can do it! Save your money slowly and go. Go teach English in China for a year. Or go to Costa Rica on a 1 month fasting retreat with Dr. Graham! (That is my dream). Pepperdine is definitely a great start. I've never been either. :) Have lots of fun on my behalf!

Rebecca said...

My Diva pin is sitting on my desk here at work. I had several girls in my office looking at the website and decided to go buy one so we could all look at one, touch it, you know the things girls want to do before they decide about anything. I told them we could all wear the pins around campus if they decided to go for it too. One of the girls thought it would be funnier if they made them look like the Diva. When people asked about it, you can tell them you change your oil in your car. It's a new promotion from Jiffy Lube! :) You know, because it looks like a funnel.

A few of the girls are going to Europe this summer and they thought this would be way more doable than toting everything around with them.

We've also been having discussions on campus about how we can be better stewards of the earth. This would be a really good solution. I was blown away by the numbers on the website (amount of waste American women alone make in a year)!

I've also been very curious about the way you're eating. I've got Christa Hill reading your blog as well. She was talking with Jason about doing one of his monthly challenges (I don't know if you read his blog, you can link through mine) with Dr.Graham's way of eating. It's rather intriguing.
You inspire me to pay a little more attention to my body! Thanks!

I'm working on the traveling. I don't know if China is in my future but I am working on plans for more trips. I'm excited about Pepperdine. Learn some new things, hang out on the beach...tough life those Malibuans (?) live.

Paula said...

Hooray for seeing you twice in one week! We're thinking we'll have dirty rice for dinner and then snuggle up for a movie. Sound good to you? See you munnorrow!

Rebecca said...

Sounds good to me! See you tonight. I'm going to try to get out of here between two and three. Oh, and I'm wearing real shoes so if it's wet again I won't be grumpy!:)

Tim said...

I'm jealous. I wish I could go to Pepperdine Lectures.

Priscilla said...

Hey that was a fun time hanging out with you and the girlies at Rici's house! And I also wanted to say that I too will be going to Pepperdine Lectures, so I'll see you there!