Thursday, June 12, 2008

Peace Out Ol' Red

My 1992 Toyota Corolla has been given to a new home and I have a new car. That's right. I am a full fledged grown up with a car payment! Yikes! What have I done? I might be living with my parents for the rest of my life but I have a nice car. I'm so excited to have something that I can get in everyday and not worry about whether or not it will start. I just got tired of putting money into a car that had so much that needed to be done. Now my money can go toward building my credit and investing in something which will give me some pride. :)

So, farewell, Ruby Dee. I hope some teenager treats you well!

I've included pictures of my new car(from the interwebs, not the actual vehicle - same color though). And I have to say, while she is a bit bigger than I really need, it was this or like a gramma Ford Taurus - no offense to those who might drive a Taurus - and this actually gets better gas mileage than the Taurus I looked at. It is smaller than it looks in the picture. She's more the size of a wagon than an SUV. Isn't she pretty???

OH YEAH! I need help naming her. Maybe we can play a game and everyone can help choose a name.
















8 comments:

Paula said...

Oooooooh! Very pretty! I'm happy for you-- I know there are those who are against car payments, but I say the peace of mind is worth it. Not that you'll never have to repair or replace anything on a newer car, but in my experience, it doesn't happen nearly as often.

We can't wait for you to come visit!

Tim said...

Nice ride. Now you can come visit...oh wait, gas is expensive.

Rebecca said...

I can visit everyone now! Yipee! Gas is expensive but not being able to just go somewhere for a long time now has been awful. I'm sure I'm up for some visits. :)

Lindsey said...

I think you should call her... Chachi.

rebecca marie said...

i'm a fan of car payments as long as they are wisely considered. i had a car payment for four years in order to drive a car that i like, worry free, for ten years. that math makes sense to me!

also, i'm a fan of you having a car that you are proud of, that is safe, and that will start!

also, i think her name should be silver girl. and then you can serenade her on all of your road trips.

sail on silver girl... sail on by... your time has come to shine...

breanna said...

i am SO STOKED for you!! you have faithfully served your time in a humble and unpredictable car...it's exciting to see you have a beautiful and fun car you love to drive! yippeeeee!

Amanda B said...

How about the name Silvia? Very pretty car. New cars are so nice have.

James T Wood said...

I shed a tear for the old girl who has passed on . . .


Nice ride though - when are you going to get spinners?