Sunday, April 05, 2009

Wow- it's been a really long time

I just realized that it's been like a hundred years since I wrote anything at all on this here blog. I still feel like I've not got much to say but I thought I'd catch people up if anyone cares.

I HATE my job. I mean I really HATE it. I got an apartment in Salem for about 5 months and could never actually bring myself to move my things in. I slept on an air mattress the whole time. I had my kitchen and bath things there and a chair and my TV. I finally decided to give up the apartment and move back into my parents' house and I am commuting again.

The nice thing about commuting is that at the end of the day I get to leave the job I despise behind - in a completely different city. I don't run into crazy students when I'm out and I get to see friends on a much more regular basis.

I am actively looking for other work so if anyone has ideas - I'd love to hear them. :) It's kind of weird because, OBVIOUSLY, I am thankful to have work when so many don't but I'm waiting for my body to react to the stress like it did when I work for "satan" at the surgeons' offices - anyone remember that???? I don't really want my body to eat itself (unless it's my belly fat). I'm not looking for open wounds again!

What a strange time of transition for so many. It's so strange because all of my friends that are working at Cascade are in the same boat. I don't know if I'm glad I'm not there for all of the sadness of closing the school or if I wish I were there to be with everyone in the final days. Can't go back - can only look forward, right???

I solicit prayers for new work. I've got some apps out and maybe one of them will pan out. I'm trying to remain hopeful. I've also got another project up my sleeves. I'm praying desperately for this to be the thing that pans out. I know it would change my life in amazing ways. I don't really feel like advertising it here on this public forum so I just ask if you love me to pray that this thing happens! It would be really great - and something I need desperately! I would be empowered to move on in great ways with my life.

I did run into my friend James on the street Saturday near the Starbucks he works at. He suggested I consider going and teaching English in Europe for a year. Maybe that's the ticket! I could handle Europe for a year, I think!

I think we could all look at the history of this blog and see that I have been searching for something for quite some time. I'm tired of talking about it and want to take action. It's just hard to know which direction to go. I suppose any action at this point is better than sitting around and waiting for life to happen to me. Do you just go and hope that you're doing something good? Do you try to hear the voice of the Lord leading you in a specific direction? Wise readers I solicit your opinions...

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am still trying to figure out the answers to questions like these. I think it's really important not to let yourself get stuck in a place that isn't right for you. But while you're there, if you can figure out exactly what it is that doesn't work for you in that job (and what does, if anything), that will help you choose the next thing to try.

Also really helps to know that Someone who loves you is in control, and has a plan "to prosper you and not to harm you." I'll be talking to Him about you!

James T Wood said...

Two things:
Yesterday someone asked me where St. Henri was and even though I've never been there I was able to tell them - that is random and neat.

We heard this advice about discerning the will of God: There is a harbor which has a very narrow safe channel so the locals have put pilings in the harbor in a row. So when approaching the harbor the ship captains need to line up the pilings so they are all directly in front of them. Discerning the will of God is the practice of lining up several indicators - not just what you feel, or what other people say, or what you read in scripture, but when a bunch of things start lining up together you can be fairly certain it is from God.

I hope that helps, it has helped us a lot.

rebecca marie said...

i love you, i'm so sorry you're not happy. so really very sorry.

and i will be praying for you, and i would love to know specifically what amazing thing i'm praying for...

so if you have a moment, email me. or, maybe we could spend some time, you know, together.