Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I thought of something but it makes me sound like a whiny baby...will you still be my friend?

I just finished typing my "in progress" to do lists for my job at the College and they are exactly 3 pages long and going strong (that's right, there is more than one and I know more things will come up). These are all the things that I need to do in the next month and a half. I feel like having a pity party and asking for the rest of that chocolate cake that we enjoyed at Shanna's last night. Sorry for whining but I thought someone out there might care that I will be bald by September 1st.

On a brighter note, Mandi said I could come over and eat dinner (this means I don't have to cook tonight. I am down with that. Cross dinner off my list).

See you in September!!!

10 comments:

rebecca marie said...

anything i can do for you? (not joking, not the cliche offer of "help")

Paula said...

Oh, Jeanne. If only you lived in Seattle, then I could help you solve all of your problems... :) Seriously, though, I will spend some quality time in prayer for you, friend. Only those of us who have worked at our beloved Cascade can really understand the burden of how much work is asked of everyone who works there for very little compensation. Sometimes it feels like there's just no way you can possibly come close to getting it all done. You just take it a day at a time (an 8-hour-day at a time-- not 10 or 12-- don't make me come down there and beat you up) and it will all be fine. Promise. I love you, pally.

Rebecca said...

If I'm bald, can I still be in your wedding Jean?

I know it will all be fine, it just seems so overwhelming when it's all written down on paper for you to stare at. Yikes!

Paula said...

Um... have you seen my fiance? Clearly, I think bald is beautiful!

Sarah said...

I feel for ya...I remember when my hubby used to work at Cascade...

hee hee

Don't leave us for too long!

Mike Lewis said...

Are you crying, Rebecca?

James T Wood said...

You could just do every other thing on the list and then when you get to the end you feel great for being done (and then you make a new, shorter list and repeat).

Rebecca said...

James: Thanks for the tips!

Mike: I knew you would say that.

Jean: Bald is beautiful but mostly for men.

Sarah: I probably won't actually be gone until September (I am known for my dramatic statements). Also, I wish we knew each other better when your husband was working for Cascade!

rebecca marie said...

hmmmm... i'm the only one she didn't address directly in that last comment... i can only assume it's because she was busy compiling a list of things that i can do to help her...

Mike Lewis said...

She was busy crying.