Thursday, March 06, 2008

thoughts on project so far

I actually feel quite liberated getting rid of the things that I'm holding on to that I just don't need/want. I believe with all of my heart that holding on to "things" has been some kind of security blanket for me. I think I have found comfort in my stuff. I can analyze it to death but I think what it comes down to is that I can't find my comfort in my stuff. Won't happen...it's not there. My comfort and my security need to come from Christ alone.

Now, don't get me wrong, I will probably never be a minimalist, it's not my nature (also not from nurture, as my parents like their things as well) but I will continue to work on purging the stuff that is blocking me from the growth I need to make.

Here's to healthy purging!

1 comment:

breanna said...

so proud of you friend!!