Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Thing A Day 4

Yesterday I rid myself of old random papers in my Bible. I've been doing a study and so I've actually been using my Bible daily - GO FIGURE - and these papers were irritating me so I went through to see what they were. I found old random post-it notes placed in my Bible that no longer made any sense to me, bulletins from months ago, drawings from my cousin that are probably 12+ years old - time to go!

I also went above and beyond and took two tired polo shirts out of my closet - you know when everyone was wearing polo shirts, I'm guessing, 3 summers ago. Not going to wear them again I'm fairly certain. They will be the start of a donation bag. 2 weeks ago I gave a friend two yard trashbags full of old clothes that I was no longer interested in. She didn't want to buy new clothes, I didn't want the bags anymore. Buh-bye! Looks like I'll need to start a new give-a-way bag.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Check out the women's clothing exchange for another idea of what to do with those clothes! I get all my (non-underwear) clothing for free these days, with no more closet space wasted on stuff I don't wear. Excellent.

breanna said...

i just need to say EARLY that if any of your delicious purses end up in that bag, I CALL DIBS!!!

Rebecca said...

Thanks Lindsey for the suggestion!

Breanna: Yes, ma'am. I will keep you in mind as I go through things!

Lori Ann said...

my bible is full of stuff...decluttering it would atleast make it easier to read, your right, go figure!
(remember, breakfast date)have you ever been to the Bayou Cafe downtown? Oh YUM!