Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Thing A Day

I was reading another blog and her goal for the month of February is to get rid of one thing every day. Her goal is to donate, recycle or toss. I thought that I could take on this challenge and so while I am already on the 20th day of February, I could still work on 30 days of ridding myself of the clutter in my life.

I have actually already done three days of ridding myself of unnecessary clutter:

Day One
Brought a pile of old stickers to the office to use for various Campus Life activities rather than have them sitting in a drawer taking up space like they have for a few years. Creepy clown stickers are a big hit with college students! I decided this counts because it's not in my house and I'm more likely to use them here at the office.

Day Two
Recycled old postcards from same drawer (and UGLY stationery- what was I thinking?). I've had them since college. I'm not going to use them.

Day Three
Gave extra 2008 calendar to a friend. She was pleased. I was happy to be rid of it. :)


So, friends, I will be posting A Thing A Day for the next 30 days. This will hold me accountable to purge my life of stuff that I don't need. I will either donate/give to a friend, trash it or recycle these items in a reasonable time period. I will tell you what I'm doing with them.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hooray for clearing clutter! Sorry I'm not there to help you with your "clean sweep!" Did I tell you I helped my mom go through her whole house back in November? She got rid of a lot- I was proud of her!

Rebecca said...

I know you have been working on her for quite a while. Good job Mom!

Thank you for your support in my de-cluttering! I'm having a hard time because things are different than if I were in my own place. So much of my stuff seems useless right now but I know that I will want some of it when I do move out. I know that there is stuff that if I got rid of it right now I would never miss it down the road. Discernment is what I need right now! :)