Thursday, February 07, 2008

Warning: Learning In Process

I'm being worked on in ways I never thought possible.

I am thankful for the ways in which God is mysterious and indescribable.

I am thankful for the ways in which God is obvious and faithful...EVERY TIME!!!!

It blows my mind.

and yet, I've spent 31 years doubting Him and believing that His promises are not true for me.

I am done believing the lies I've been told. I am ready to live a full life!

I am finishing up my second week of a bible study with some girlfriends called Breaking Free by Beth Moore. There is so much I could share, insight that I am receiving from God but I don't think this is the time or place for it. Perhaps down the road it will feel right and appropriate to put everything out there for my faithful readers but not today. I'm not ready to feel that vulnerable.

For now, perhaps meditate upon:

Isaiah 61

The Year of the LORD's Favor

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,

2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.


To quote Beth Moore: "I believe a person can receive Christ as Savior, serve Him for decades, and meet Him face to face in glory without ever experiencing satisfaction in Him on this earth..I was in my 30's before I understood the huge difference between salvation from sin and satisfaction of the soul. Salvation secures our lives for all eternity. Soul satisfaction insures abundant life on earth."

This is going to be a big year for me! I am ready to live a different kind of life. A life of abundance and true satisfaction!

No comments: