Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Tim!

Little Timmy turns 30 today! I thought about listing all of the things about Tim that I love but I couldn't think of any...just kidding!

I think I will just list my favorite things about Tim and then ask you to go wish Tim a happy birthday!

My favorite things about Tim
1. Growing up and into our young adulthood Tim always had this great childlike spirit about him. He was always so much fun. He was up for anything and was almost always willing to be silly - just for the sake of being silly. Sometimes it irritated me but I have to say that now that I don't see him nearly as often as I used to, I miss his silliness.
2. I love that when we were younger (like college) he let me call him Moth -you know, TiMOTHy. It was my name of endearment for him. No one else got to use it. It was a silly name but he let me use it anyway and, if I remember correctly, I once got a Valentine's Day card in my campus mailbox from a guy named Moth. :)
3. Tim has always had a very generous spirit. If he had it and someone else needed it, he shared it willingly. Back in 2001 when I moved back to Portland from Seattle, Tim was very generous in assisting me financially. It took a bit longer for me to find a job than I had anticipated and Tim got me through. I wouldn't have made it if it hadn't been for Tim.
4. Tim desires to do good. He wants to do honor God with his life. He, like all of us, doesn't always get it right but in his heart of hearts, he wants to do the right thing in all circumstances. He wants to be known as a Godly man - a man who is trying to be like Jesus. There's nothing better than that.

Happy Birthday little brother. I hope you have a great day! I love you so much.

4 comments:

Kori said...

I'm so glad you have a wonderful brother too! I am truly blessed to have him in my life and to be part of your family.

Paula said...

Who cares about Tim-- Look at your pretty new Blog!

:)

Rebecca said...

I KNOW isn't it SOOO pretty???!!! I love it! I still have some work to do to get everything on here I want but I'm so excited about it. If you're interested in making yours pretty you can go to pyzam.com. Amy Bruner told me about it. There are LOTS of options.

Paula said...

I'll have to check into it. Both of my blogs are boring me to death!