Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My friend Buffy

Today was a good day. I got to walking at the crack with Rebecca Marie (it's been a while) and catch up a little bit. The crack wasn't good but it was good to get this old body moving and talk with my friend.

The best part of the day (sorry Rebecca Marie) is that I got to see my friend Amy, who has several nicknames, one of them being Buffy. I'm not even sure at this point why that happened. I think one day we were making fun of old rich ladies and ridiculous names that they have and started calling each other Buffy...I have no idea anymore. She is the gold to my silver. Everything about us is opposite(she is short and I am tall, she is thin and I am...not, she is blonde, I am a brunette, etc.) except that we love God, we love each other and we love to laugh out loud a lot. I can't imagine my life without her in it. She lives in dumb ol' Houston with her husband, who is a youth minister (and her younger brother also lives there with them). Anyway, I don't remember exactly when the last time it was that I saw her (maybe Christmas 03?). She flew into Seattle to visit with her parents and other family in the area and then she and her momma (one of my other moms) got in the Golden Easter Egg to drive to California where her other brother and sister-in-law live. Amy has a niece that she has never seen (I would die if my brother and sister-in-law were still in Texas and I wasn't able to see
Madeline. Thankfully they wised up and moved back to the Northwest). So Amy and her mom stopped on their way through town so that we could have breakfast together. It is amazing to me that I can have a friend that I haven't seen in forever and it's like no time has passed at all. I am blessed to have a couple of these friends. We had a quick breakfast, good conversation and they were on their way. Buffy is currently with child and I am sad that she is so far away from me. It was, however, a really good day because I got to see my friend, Buffy.

God is so good at giving us people in our lives to love us the way He would if He were here in human form. Buffy is one of those people in my life. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that there is nothing I could do that would make her stop loving me, just as God does. I am so thankful for both.

This picture is me and Buffy from a couple of years ago. It's the only digital picture I have of the two of us:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She is one of the best people that God ever made. I am thankful to call her friend.

5 comments:

James T Wood said...

What the pregnant?!?! How do I get so out of the loop? I'm going to have to talk to thos fools.

rebecca marie said...

ha ha ha! what do you mean walking at 5:00 am with moi is not the best part of yesterday. wow. i'm soooooo offended.

glad you had fun with amy though... hmmmph


(how nice to NOT be one of those "everything is about me people")

Rebecca said...

Yeah, she is like 9 weeks, I think. Due on Andrew's birthday (12/27).

I thoroughly enjoy being with you Rebecca Marie, I just wish it was at a decent hour of the day. That's all.

rebecca marie said...

oh fine, we can start at 3:00 am then.

Mike Lewis said...

Are you crying, Rebecca?