Friday, May 06, 2005

New Lease on Life!

I am excited to report that I have signed a new lease and am moving at the end of the month. After spending time in South America, I felt like I was monopolizing more space than I need and I have WAY more junk than I need, so when my dear friend Amy told me that there was an apartment in her complex opening up, I decided to go for it. It is a charming complex but space is limited (not like Paula's space was limited but limited nonetheless). I get to downsize and get rid of things that I don't need/use and live more within my means. My challenge right now anyway is to deny myself more than I allow myself and I usually don't succeed. Do I really need all of the clothes I have? Do I need more CD's than I could listen to in a month? Do I need movies that I rarely watch? Where do you draw the line? I am currently challenging myself to get rid of half of my movies and CD's and to evaluate my wardrobe and take it down a little. It's been easy to toss all of the stored up chemically based makeup, shampoo and cleaning products that have been sitting in my cupboards for months but can I really give up 5 of the 10 sweaters I own? Probably with much struggle and inner dialogue. It really will feel better if I can get myself down to even 20 pairs of shoes, rather than 50. Who am I that I need so many things???? I am really truly looking forward to this task. Anyone wear a size 10 shoe who might could benefit from my purge? Let me know!

3 comments:

rebecca marie said...

feeling on the brink of minimalism my very own self, i absolutely cannot wait to see your new scaled down digs....

(psssst.... i have big feet... wink wink)

Tim said...

So when are you moving?

Rebecca said...

I am moving at the end of the month. Do you want to come help me move? :) I really enjoyed Jason's message yesterday! And Rebecca Marie and I agree that he should do voice overs or something. He has a great voice!!!