Monday, June 26, 2006

Sweet Release

I'm back at my desk at work totally exhausted. We had a great weekend though. I wish I had been able to enjoy more of the festivities rather than troubleshooting and organizing table assignments but someone had to do it. I've mostly only heard good things. Oh, there will always be grumpy people who find something to complain about (at a free event for 600 people) because that is all they know how to do, but overall it was a great success. It's always nice to see something come to fruition that has occupied so much time. It's nice to know that all of the hours of work and lack of sleep and socializing with friends was worth it. Our academic dean suggested this morning that this is "clearly the most significant event to EVER happen on our campus"! It's nice to think that you had a hand in making an historical event happen.

So, in the midst of 100+ temperatures, I will be drinking lots of coffee and water and thinking about my vacation next week. This will be the only thing that gets me through this week. I hope that I will have some level of productivity for my REAL job now that the reunion is over. I may actually get to see some of you again soon!

19 comments:

Tim said...

You real job...hehehe

I love you.

rebecca marie said...

welcome back to the real world, i've missed you.

also... the whole shabang was a delight.

Tim said...

I had lots of fun. My complaint is that there were so many people and so little time to talk to all of them.

Paula said...

Yeah, good job! I just have one thing to say...

You bring the sunshine, My Lay-Deh!
I'll bring the milk and honey and
We'll build a Wuuuuurrrrllldd made of Luuuuuuuvvvvvvvv!!!

I CAN NOT GET THAT OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! That's my complaint.

Seriously, though. It was great, and Shawn is right. I'm proud of you!

Rebecca said...

ridic.

Mike Lewis said...

That guy was funny.

I am devoting a blog to him soon.

Rebecca said...

and by funny, you mean crazy?

Heather said you were super nice to him when she wanted to punch him in the face. You are a better person than any of us. I could try to justify our attitudes toward him but we should still be nice even when he was ridiculous. It's ok. All of my friends will be with me in hell while you hang out with God.

Paula said...

I know it might sound a little rustic,
But as long as I knoooowwww you TRUST MEH,
We'll build a wuuuuuurrrrlllld made of luuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvv!

Seriously- STILL stuck in my head.

Mike Lewis said...

He was pretty demanding, but I knew I would never have to see him again.

The best part was when he didn't like the mics we were using and asked me if I had an SM58 for him to use.

He gave me a DVD, so I could copy it for you Paula.

Tim said...

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Paula said...

Mike... Puuuhleeeez send me the DVD! Eric and I have been doing really beautiful duets of that song since Friday. We just can't stop!

Tim said...

great...

Rebecca said...

AH man! We had a DVD here and Heather and I were going to surprise you with a gift!!!!

Paula said...

DVD? What DVD? Never heard of it. (I promise to act surprised, see?) I won't tell my hubby, so you can at least surprise him. We can all settle down on the couch, and you can tell him you brought a movie for us all to watch together. He'll make popcorn, we'll pretend like it's a movie we're really excited about, and then he will laugh so hard that he will turn purple and tear up... it will be great!

rebecca marie said...

i'm with you tim.... no idea. i mean, yes, it's coming together, there was some event we weren't at, blah blah blah.

(we should start a club where we do fun stuff that results in inside jokes and not invite any of them.)

Tim said...

I like inside jokes as much as the next guy, but sometimes, they're just annoying. I know I'm a culprit sometimes too. Inside jokes should stay inside.

We'll be the remember that... club

Rebecca said...

I think we'd all be happy to share with you the musical snack that is CLIO. Like Mike said, there is a DVD. Maybe we could have a get together and we could all watch it together.

Also, don't be jealous...

Mike Lewis said...

If you haven't seen the DVD yet, it is quite humorous and entertaining. Did he get you the information about his ministry which asks, "Have you ever been separated from your head unable to scratch or wipe away a tear?" I thought he was kidding.

I thought he meant his head was across the room on a table or something.

The DVD is very funny. I like how the video jumps around and then the audio has to catch up and his lips move at the wrong time.

Mike Lewis said...

Oh, and he sings the famous milk and honey song on it.

"You bring the sunshine my lady
I'll bring the milk and honey..."