Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Craziness

Let the insanity officially begin. Soccer and volleyball players moved in this weekend. It's beginning...the madness...

I have this week to get everything organized for Orientation Week which begins on Friday with a staff meeting for all of my student workers - who basically do my bidding for a week and get a free trip to the coast out of it. I will now be working 19 days in a row - as are many people aroung campus. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a martyr here, just sharing part of life that is this time of year. Somewhere in there I will be celebrating my 31st birthday. I have a feeling it will be a bit of a let down after last year's soiree!

Say some prayers for all of us getting our students here and settled. I know that there will be days that I will want to explode, sleep, cry, quit and punch everyone in the face...I can do the exhausted and the crying but I can't explode, quit or punch anyone in the face.

I'll see you on the flip side.

6 comments:

Kori said...

Best of luck Becca! We were thinking about coming up and being around on Saturday for your birthday. Is there any chance that we could pull you away for luch or something? Let us know!

Kori said...

How about lunch instead of luch? :)

Jason Hill said...

I did not enjoy these next few weeks when my wife had your job. I'll be praying for you.

Leah said...

I feel your pain!!

And I have to say KUDOS to you since you are one of those who provide the glue that holds us all together... and knowing just a tiny bit about what you do I think it's okay to play the martyr for a time. This is a stressful time and you are "the one with the answers" for nearly anyone, including me.

To everyone else: This is a high stress, low appreciation kind of a time in her job. She is simply amazing.

HUG!!

Rebecca said...

Kori- We have a lunch that day with new transfer students so I am a no go for lunch that day. I think I'd rather have lunch with you than hang out with students AGAIN! :)

Leah- Thanks but I don't feel real sticky right now - more like a crazy lunatic!

breanna said...

this is a tough time of year...and i only know about its toughness as it relates to being fresh off of witness tour and then going right into orientation week...but i didn't have to plan or organize much of anything!

good thing you're all kinds of fabulous and brilliant, otherwise it would be an impossible feat.

and also, in whatever way i can help with birthday celebrations, i'd love to do so! i know where to get great cheesecake, so that's a start!