Monday, November 05, 2007

What up, homes?

I promise I didn't die - not that anyone reads this anymore!

I have been so busy this year. The semester is flying by and I feel like I am getting left in the dust!!!!! My days at the office are passing too quickly. I don't feel like I'm getting an adequate amount of work done in a day. We've had quite a bit of behavioral issues this year to address.

Life has been happening around me and it's mostly been good. I have participated in two book clubs this month. I read "They Like Jesus But Not The Church" by Dan Kimball with several people from my church. I also recently joined a book club that will be more permanent and we read "Stormy Weather" by Paulette Jiles. I was chosen to select the next book and I'm having some trouble figuring out which book to choose. There are so many I want to read - how do I pick one? I've been spending a lot of my free time reading and I'm really enjoying it! I know most people would agree that one feels more relaxed after unwinding in the evening with a book rather than vegging out in front of the telly all night.

I've gone to the art museum, the opera, out of town to visit friends. Life has been good since last I wrote. I am taking a class on finances with some friends which I'm hoping changes the way I think about money. So far, I've already made significant changes and am proud of my choices. The church family has been struggling. We have lost quite a few members in our current state of transition. I have had some hurt feelings and I am trying to work on healing those hurts and forgiving the friends who have decided to move on.

I am happy to say that I am engaging in my life. It may sound silly to some but it's something I've had to work on over the course of the last year or so. I have realized that it's been easy for me to be a passive participant and let life happen around me. It's something that I struggle with. I am trying to look for ways to not watch life pass me by!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I read you...

I envy your free time to read. Though reading has not been my favorite past time I am making an effort to do more of it... preferrably books without pictures. You strike me as someone who would be able to have lengthy conversations about books on a level that would cause one to contepmplate and discuss on a deeper level.

And I applaud you for engaging life however difficult it can be at times.

Sarah said...

I read you too! I'm subscribed to your blog so every 6 months or so when you post it tells me right away. :) You can't sneak one by me! Hehe.

That is inspiring to hear that you're taking life by the horns. That is something I'm aspiring to, also!