Saturday, May 27, 2006

totally loafing about

I haven't done a stinking thing for the last two days and I feel pretty ok about it. I finished a great book that I had been reading, hoping it would help me with my work. It's hard to say if it will actually help. The colleges and universities that the author visited were a totally different demographic than the students we serve. However, I believe we have some of the very same issues on our campus. Anyway...not the point of the post. I did finishing reading that book and decided to pick up The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. It's been on my list of books to read for years now. I'll let you know what I think later.

Today I am at mom and dad's house doing laundry. They are out at their church's family retreat so I have their house to myself today. I'm watching free on demand movies, washing my clothes, and surfing blogs. It's great. This morning I watched WAY TOO many episodes of the Laguna Beach marathon on MTV. I get sucked in, I can't help myself!!!! Please promise to still be my friends. I tried to watch Hannah and Her Sisters but I got bored. I think Woody Allen makes strange movies.

Well, back to pointless movie and TV watching, perhaps I'll get lucky and there will be some reruns of What Not To Wear or The Gilmore Girls...

6 comments:

Lori Ann said...

I am the All time sucker for any cable moviethons!
It doesn't matter what it is, I will watch it. Atleast once!
It is fun to just veg out sometimes.

Sarah said...

Ahhh! Another Gilmore Girls fan. Mah fave show evah.

Rebecca said...

I love vegging out and watching silly movies or tv shows. Sarah, I love it. I could watch it 24 hours a day and be so happy. I hear you've also recommended Felicity. I haven't had a chance to check it out but Becky loves it.

Rebecca said...

And by it I mean Gilmore Girls.

Alan said...

I love those TV Land marathons....and the mystery marathons on weekends on the Biography channel....like father like daughter...

POPS

http://alanonthe3rdstone.blogspot.com/

Rebecca said...

i probably learned it from you dad! all those years of taping tv shows. you were on to something long before the entertainment industry was. if only you had marketed that. we'd all be set. i could quit my job and live off your millions!