Wednesday, May 31, 2006

short-lived rant

While on my lunch break, I need to vent to the world for a minute. I have just spent 3 hours today trying to get one of our offices computers to work with a scanner. Why is this so difficult? Oh, perhaps it is because we have computers that are as old as me! What a waste of my time. I have more important things to do than mess around with a dumb scanner. Just when I think it works, no go! I'm so frustrated!!!!

I'm hoping that I to throw a big enough fit to be able to get at least one reasonably working computer in the office. I think that it should be reasonable to have one computer in the office that will burn a CD for a slideshow that I do every year. My student workers end up taking it and working on it on their own personal computers because they are nicer and do more. This is silly to me! I'm not asking for the nicest computer on the market just one that meets the demand of my job.

That's all. I'm done. Back to eating lunch.

7 comments:

Jason Hill said...

That sux. I think you should get the best computer out there to help you do your job.

rebecca marie said...

i'm so sorry. seriously... i could actually see your face and hand gestures as i was reading that... just as if you were saying it to me.

attention cascade: rebecca needs a new computie. you can totally get one for like five hundred dollars that will be better than what she has now. heck, prolly half of the students enrolled in you can BUILD one better.

Rebecca said...

I know it's so annoying! Jason I know that in your time working here you must have experienced it and I KNOW your wifey has.

We were talking today that you could get one for $400-$500 that would do way more for us.

Mike Lewis said...

reow!

Sarah said...

Dontcha wish my hubby still worked there? :)

Alan said...

come on over and scan at the house. Not only can my set up scan, but you can make color copies as well on the same machine. But alas, I can't burn a CD. I may have to upgrade my companies computer with a better CD/DVD drive.

Daddy-o

Rebecca said...

i think we've managed to "okie rig" the situation, which means it's a temporary fix to pictures scanned in.